LEVEL 4 EAST • MALL OF AMERICA • 952.858.8558
Attention: All charitable organizations and Not for Profit Organizations
- Tired of boring bottle drives?
- Are bake sales getting stale?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then we have your solution.
The answer is Comedy for a Cause.
Comedy for a Cause is your opportunity to laugh all the way to the bank. It's your chance to fundraise for your organization and have a whack of fun doing it.
How does it work?
Your charity/NPO takes over Rick Bronson's House of Comedy for an evening of laughs and libations. There's not much to it. We supply the tickets, you sell them to friends, family and members of your organizations, we make them laugh their heads off and you make some good money!
Contact the box office for dates and availability.
Why does it work?
Comedy for a Cause works because it's a fun event. It's easy to persuade people to get involved because it's a night out of live entertainment. (It's not watching Grandma manipulate 30 bingo cards with 17 dabbers). People like to feel they got something more than a tax receipt in return for their donation.
Aside from selling the tickets you don't need to do anything else. You don't need to hunt down reluctant volunteers, because we take care of the work. We operate the door. We seat your guests, we service their every need. We show them a great time.
What are your options?
Want to make even more money? Consider these options:
-A dinner/show package. (Increasing your profit margin).
-Offer live and/or silent auction items. (Our event emcee will help sell your items).
-Have a pre-show cocktail party.
-Do a 50/50 draw.
There is a multitude of possibilities to make your Comedy for a Cause a unique event. Rick Bronson's House of Comedy will gladly help with any programming details.
What are the details?
Comedy for a Cause nights are available to charities every night of the week except Saturday's.
Rick Bronson's House of Comedy donates the first 25 tickets to your organization. You are free to sell these tickets for whatever price you decide. All subsequent ticket sales are split 50/50 with Rick Bronson's House of Comedy to help cover entertainment and staffing costs. (Friday night is the only exception. Due to the higher entertainment expense, the tickets are on a 50/50 split from the get go).
Ticket prices are generally $15.50 on Thursday, however the charity/NPO can charge more if they wish. If you feel that you can sell the tickets for $20.00 then that profit goes directly to the charity or NPO.
Friday prices are generally $22.50. Again, they can be sold for more amongst your organization.
How to make it a complete success?
1) Send out invitations to members on your charity or NPO data base. We find that the use of a good old-fashioned snail mail invite is very effective.
2) E-mail members, friends, family members? Spread the word!
3) Poster the town. Put posters anywhere and everywhere. Good locations include places members of your organization may meet, like: hockey rinks; conferences; offices; grocery stores; Hospitals and anywhere else. You can't put up too many posters! (Rick Bronson's House of Comedy graphic artists can help design posters, mail outs and invitations for you.).
4) Acquire merchandise for live and silent auction. Good items include merchandise from local sports teams; unique packages like sitting in on a radio morning show; Weekend get-a-ways/hotel packages; Restaurant Gift Certificates; Golf Packages; Ski Packages; Helicopter or Plane Night Flights; Hot air balloon rides; a visit into The Eskimos or Oilers dressing room; A dinner with a local celebrity? essentially, any special one of a kind events that can not be easily obtained.
5) Put a few volunteers in charge of a 50/50 draw.
6) Acquire local corporate sponsor(s) for the event.
7) Inform any media connections you may have. Rick Bronson's House of Comedy will send out a press release to the major media sources; however sometimes there are local community league papers are flyers that are effective in spreading the word.
8) Bring promotional materials about your charity or NPO to hand out at event. Take advantage of the captive audience by educating them as to your fundraising goals and where the money is going.
9) Bring any signage about the charity or NPO to display at the event.
10) SPREAD THE WORD! SPREAD THE WORD! SPREAD THE WORD!
Comedy for a Cause is an easy opportunity to raise money for your organization while having fun doing it. From minor hockey to The Children's Miracle Network, Rick Bronson's House of Comedy is committed to giving back to the city they proudly call home. To arrange your own Comedy for a Cause Night for your charity or NPO, please contact Rick Bronson's House of Comedy or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rick Bronson's House of Comedy! We put the fun in FUNdraising!
Organizations that have helped their Cause:
-The Dystonia Foundation
-Edmonton Regional Search and Rescue Association
-Tera Losa Social Club
-FOTHI (Friends of the Head Injury Association)
-Martial Arts and Sports Enrichment of Alberta
-Red Cross Tsunami Relief
-The Boys & Girls Club of Edmonton
-The Heart & Stroke Foundation
-The Crohns & Colitis Foundation